Monday 4 October 2010

N710 LGC I love you. I miss you.

Dry your eyes

Shit-bombed on it's own doorstep

Souped up

When I went to the post sorting office on Saturday I peered into the demolition scrap yard next door to see if my old car was there. There was no sign. It made me feel sad. I loved that green-mobile, with it's clunky gears, non-power steering, inability to go up a hill faster than a person in a mobility buggy and of course it's sub-standard tape deck. I didn't mind that the exhaust had rusted off and there was a sound of scraping metal every time I drove over a bump. Or that a lipbalm had melted to the drivers pocket creating a waxy trap I accidentally put my fingers in every time I reached for the door. Damn, I loved that beast. I think (and this shocks me) I loved it more than L204 PMX, my first Fiesta. I don't think I ever really forgave that one for only having two doors. And I'm not in love with the new car. Not in the slightest. But these things take time.

N710 LGC (Lara's Green Car) RIP.

No comments:

Post a Comment