Saturday 28 August 2010

The good life (crop 'til you drop)

Too high to reach

Apple and Blackberry crumble - it's a hit!

Worm holes
Today I lived off the land. I gathered some of the hundreds of apples from our garden (and pinched a few of the juicier ones hanging over from next door). Then I went to mums and picked a load of blackberries to add to the ones I discovered growing over our shed roof. I accidentally destroyed a massive spiders' web in the process but the spider survived unscathed. I said sorry. I think he accepted my apology.
After a quick nip to the shops to buy some other non-garden-growing materials, I made a Gary Rhodes crumble. It was a triumph!
Tomorrow I am going to try baking an apple cake to make use of all the windfall before it starts rotting. Honestly, I feel like applauding myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment